Hi there, and welcome to Vegan Instant Pot! This site is the ultimate resource for all things vegan Instant Pot cooking.
Behind the site…
We are Daniel and Cath, a vegan couple based in East London. Daniel is a librarian who works at a university helping people do research, and Cath is a data analyst working for an international charity.
We built Vegan Instant Pot because we love cooking and eating delicious (and mostly healthy) food, but don’t always have time to cook. We both love drooling over the pictures on vegan food blogs but don’t always have the time or energy for complicated hands-on recipes after a long day at work. But we don’t think this should mean living off instant noodles, or wasting all our hard earned cash on takeaways.
We bought an Instant Pot in 2015 and can’t imagine living without it. We love how much time and money the Instant Pot has saved us whilst making easy and tasty meals, and want to make sure other people can enjoy quick, healthy, and delicious plant-based food, too. Though we have found and tested loads of great vegan Instant Pot recipes (and some that weren’t so great), we didn’t find any sites dedicated to vegan instant pot cooking; so we decided to build Vegan Instant Pot!
You won’t hear loads about us and our lives in the recipes or blog posts because, just like the Instant Pot, we aim to save you time and make things as easy as possible. So throughout the site, we’ll be cutting the waffle and getting straight to the best recipes, resources and tools for vegan pressure cooking. Enjoy!
What you’ll find on the site
This site features a wide range of recipes, tips, and handy reference tools, including:
- A guide to getting started with the Instant Pot
- Fail proof beginner recipes
- Handy timing charts for cooking beans, grains, rice, and vegetables.
- A growing collection of curated resources for making the most of your Instant Pot including books and websites.
If you want to get in touch to share an awesome recipe, any tips you have, or to ask a question, you can get in touch with us by email at email@example.com.
What is an Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is a programmable pressure cooker. It speeds up cooking by 2-6 times, uses up to 70% less energy, and can easily be used to produce a huge variety of nutritious plant-based meals. In short, it’s the perfect kitchen companion for the busy (or lazy!) vegan. It’s cooking, without the chaos.
Why the Instant Pot is great for vegans
You might be wondering why you would even want a programmable pressure cooker…isn’t a pressure cooker the scary device your grandparents used? Not any more! An Instant Pot is a far cry from the pressure cookers of old, and is great when you want to:
- have food ready for you when you get home from work, or wake up in the morning
- stop wasting money on expensive and unhealthy lunches at work
- save money
- save time (see our post How many years of your life can an instant pot rescue!)
- cook something quick when you get home late from work
- easily scale up quantities – cook meals in bulk for the week ahead
- cook without keeping an eye on anything
- make vegan yogurt, seitan and other great vegan luxuries for cheap!
If you haven’t used the Instant Pot before, our getting started guide will get you up-to-speed in no time. If you already know how to use the Instant Pot then check out our handy cooking times or our recommended books and websites.
Instant Pot® is a registered trade mark of the Instant Pot Company. We don’t work for the Instant Pot Company; we just like their products.